MyHealthTeams is hiring a highly entrepreneurial, sales and business development professional to join our fast-growing team on the East coast. If you understand the pharmaceutical world, are super smart and motivated, and are passionate about making the pharmaceutical industry truly “patient-centric” – this could be the right fit.
The VP Business Development reports to the CEO and is responsible for identifying the highest potential partnership opportunities, developing relationships with the best partners, and structuring and negotiating agreements
Success for the VP Business Development looks like this:
- Identifies, gets meetings with, and generates interest from 4 new pharmaceutical partners within your first quarter.
- Signs more than $6MM in partnership revenue over the next 2 years
- Creates partnerships that generate strong participation from our members
- Significantly develops and expands our existing partnerships
- Has 90%+ partner satisfaction and retention
The right person for this role is:
- Experienced at selling into the commercial side of pharma
- Passionate about empowering people facing chronic health conditions and driven by the opportunity to make healthcare and drug development more consumer-centric
- Completely self-driven and motivated; Thrives working independently but able to work and collaborate with a team
- Rigorous and disciplined in building and managing a customer base
- Undaunted by the bureaucracy and historic practices of the pharma and healthcare worlds that might get in the way of a lesser person
- A compelling and persuasive public speaker with a knack at winning over supporters
- Smart – able to think on your feet
MyHealthTeams is a lean (17 person), venture-backed startup that creates social networks for people facing chronic health conditions. We believe that if you’re diagnosed with a disease such as MS, Lupus, breast cancer, or diabetes (to name a few), it should be easy to find the best people around to help you. With social networks in 23 different chronic conditions and over 700,000 members, MyHealthTeams is the fastest-growing social network in chronic health. Four years from now, if you’re diagnosed with a chronic condition, we believe your doctor will prescribe one of our social networks because being in one of them will actually improve health outcomes for their patients. We develop partnerships that empower and are transparent to our members. We don’t do ads and we never share the personally identifying information of our members. The significant interest and early success from our industry partnerships to date prove that we have a business that can “do good” while “doing well.”
Proven ability to overcome these challenges is a must:
- Concerns of new, consumer-led health trends – The healthcare world has traditionally been pharma and physician led. That is rapidly changing as social networking and mobile technology put vastly more information and control in the hands of consumers facing chronic conditions. While this shift is applauded by many great people in the healthcare system, you will run into resistance from entrenched players and processes that must be overcome
- Long sales cycle and bureaucracy of Industry – Forming relationships with new pharma, healthcare, or PBM companies takes ~9 months on average
- Lean team – You are the BD and Alliance Management department for a while. You’ll work with support from the CEO.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org