MyHealthTeams (MHT) is seeking an Associate Editor to join our growing Content Team. This role is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in many editorial functions and requires strong developmental editing, copy editing, and project management skills. Reporting to the Content Director, the Associate Editor lends editorial and operational support across the department, ensuring the quality and consistency of our digital content.
- Provide editorial support, including developmental and copy edits, QA, content updates, project management, production, and others as needed.
- Ensure content upholds guidelines and standards for voice, tone, and sourcing.
- Perform background research as needed to understand and edit wording around complex medical concepts.
- Clarify, organize, and rewrite manuscripts as needed.
- Provide notes to improve the quality of first drafts.
- Work with the copy editor on copy edits conforming to AP Style and house style.
- Create production schedules and provide project management and production support.
- 3-5+ years in an editorial position.
- Ability to edit, copy edit, and QA articles quickly, accurately, and on brand.
- Ability to parse primary and secondary medical research.
- Project management skills working with tools like Asana, Airtable, or others.
- Familiarity with G Suite, CMS systems, and project management tools.
- Curiosity about medical conditions and interest in deepening your knowledge.
- Team player who puts the success of the organization first.
- Desire to fulfill the mission of improving outcomes for people with chronic conditions.
- B.A. in English, journalism, communications or related field.
- Experience with consumer health content, medical digital content, or pharma content.
- Experience with or working knowledge of SEO.
- Coursework in human biology, physiology, or statistics.
MyHealthTeams is a lean, 50-person, mission-driven company that creates social networks and content for people facing chronic health conditions. We believe that if you’re diagnosed with a disease such as MS, lupus, breast cancer, or diabetes (to name a few), it should be easy to find the best people around to help you. With social networks in 37 different chronic conditions and more than 2 million members, MyHealthTeams is the fastest-growing social network in chronic health. We believe a business can “do good” while “doing well.”
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com