Who We’re Looking For:
MyHealthTeams is looking for a mid-level or senior software engineer to join our development team. You’ll be part of a small, agile group that’s building and managing the fastest-growing social networks for people living with chronic health conditions. We are full-stack developers building both hybrid mobile apps and back-end services.
Our native apps are built with Ionic/Apache Cordova + Angular. Our back-end stack is built around Ruby on Rails, Foundation, jQuery, and MongoDB running on AWS.
We’re looking for developers with some experience in any of these core technologies, and with a readiness to learn and grow in others.
What We’re Looking For:
- Familiarity with TDD/BDD
- Love of clean code
- Willingness to work on every part of the stack. Everything from native app development and full-stack Rails development to DevOps
- Motivation to work on something that makes a difference
- Bonus points for Zurb Foundation or Elasticsearch
MyHealthTeams is committed to creating an inclusive space where current and future employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Even if your experience does not check every bullet point, we still highly encourage you to apply. The best hires do not always check off every box of a job description.
This is a full-time position. Due to COVID-19, it is a remote position; however, if/when we can go back to an office environment, you will have the opportunity to work in our downtown San Francisco office or our midtown Sacramento office. Option to work remotely in the states in which MHT operates is possible for the right candidate. We are offering a great opportunity to make a difference in the healthcare space.
Full COVID-19 vaccination is required for this role. Unfortunately, we cannot entertain candidates from Montana, Texas, or Florida at this time.
- Our corporate headquarters is in San Francisco. We have an office in Sacramento and teams on both the West and East Coasts.
- Everyone here believes in the company mission, and we are committed to serving people facing chronic conditions.
- A close-knit, hard-working company where everyone respects everyone else’s contribution to our success.
- We truly care about our employees and value a healthy work-life balance to ensure nobody burns out or feels overworked. A few of the ways we put this into action:
- Every month during the pandemic, there has been at least one company-paid holiday (and we’re planning to continue that into the future).
- We don’t deploy to production on Fridays, because if anything goes wrong, we don’t want anyone working over the weekend.
- We respect the working hours in your time zone. So regardless of where you’re located, work the hours that are best for you (as long as there is some overlap with the Pacific Time working day).
- At MyHealthTeams, we believe in investing in people with diverse experiences and backgrounds to help improve the lives of people facing chronic health conditions. To do this, we seek to:
- Attract and hire a diverse workforce
- Cultivate an environment where colleagues feel welcomed and supported
- Nurture the professional growth of employees
A Few Perks
- Unlimited PTO
- Competitive pay, benefits, and equity
- 100% remote option
MyHealthTeams is a 60+ person mission-driven company that creates social networks for people facing chronic health conditions. We believe that if you’re diagnosed with a disease such as MS, lupus, breast cancer, or diabetes (to name a few), it should be easy to find support, trusted information, and the best people around to help you. With social networks in 41 different chronic conditions and over 2.5 million members, MyHealthTeams is the fastest-growing social network in chronic health. Three years from now, if you’re diagnosed with a chronic condition, we believe your doctor will prescribe one of our social networks because being engaged in one of them will actually improve health outcomes. We develop partnerships that empower and are transparent to our members. We believe that a business can “do good” while “doing well.”
Interested candidates should email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- A fun, catchy subject line
- Your top three strengths
- A brief description of a project you’re proud of. What was your role in it? What challenges did you encounter? In hindsight, what would you have done differently?
- Why you want to work at MyHealthTeams
- Your resume