Who We’re Looking For:
MyHealthTeams is looking for a software engineer to join our development team. You’ll be part of a small, agile group that’s building and managing the fastest-growing social networks for people living with chronic health conditions. We are full-stack developers building both hybrid mobile apps and back-end services.
Our native apps are built with Ionic/Apache Cordova. Our back-end stack is built around Ruby on Rails, Foundation/jQuery, and MongoDB running on AWS.
We’re looking for developers with some experience in any of these core technologies, and with a readiness to learn and grow in others.
What We’re Looking For:
- Familiarity with TDD/BDD
- Love of clean code
- An all-rounder: Everything from native app development, full-stack Rails development, and dev-ops
- Motivation to work on something that makes a difference
- BS in computer science or math — or equivalent experience — preferred
- Bonus points for Zurb Foundation, Elasticsearch, and using mvim. Negative points if you don’t know what :wq does 🙂
This is a full-time position. Due to COVID-19, it is a remote position; however, if/when we can go back to an office environment, you will have the opportunity to work in our downtown San Francisco office or our midtown Sacramento office. Option to work remotely in the states in which MHT operates is possible for the right candidate. We are offering a great opportunity to make a difference in the health care space.
- Our corporate headquarters is in San Francisco. We have an office in Sacramento and teams on both the West and East Coasts.
- Everyone here believes in the company mission, and we are committed to serving people facing chronic conditions.
- A close-knit, hard-working company where everyone respects everyone else’s contribution to our success
- At MyHealthTeams, we believe in investing in people with diverse experiences and backgrounds to help improve the lives of people facing chronic health conditions. To do this, we seek to:
- Attract and hire a diverse workforce
- Cultivate an environment where colleagues feel welcomed and supported
- Nurture the professional growth of employees
MyHealthTeams is a 60+ person mission-driven company that creates social networks for people facing chronic health conditions. We believe that if you’re diagnosed with a disease such as MS, lupus, breast cancer, or diabetes (to name a few), it should be easy to find support, trusted information, and the best people around to help you. With social networks in 41 different chronic conditions and over 2.5 million members, MyHealthTeams is the fastest-growing social network in chronic health. Three years from now, if you’re diagnosed with a chronic condition, we believe your doctor will prescribe one of our social networks because being engaged in one of them will actually improve health outcomes. We develop partnerships that empower and are transparent to our members. We believe that a business can “do good” while “doing well.”
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Software Developer.”