Who are we looking for?
MyHealthTeams is looking for an experienced, meticulous copy editor to join our Content Team. Our team creates compelling, useful articles for 41 social networks serving people with chronic health conditions. Because we are committed to improving health outcomes for our members, all our articles must be copy edited for both rigorous accuracy and a compassionate tone. A successful MyHealthTeams copy editor will be:
- Experienced — at least five years as a professional copy editor, with a B.A. in English, journalism, or writing (or equivalent)
- AP Style savvy
- Comfortable using house style guides
- Able to accurately fact-check references and medical information
- Proficient with editing in Google docs
- Able to transition from copy editing to proofreading or developmental editing, as needed
- Curious and willing to develop a working knowledge of 40-plus health conditions
- Collaborative and comfortable working on a team
- Flexible as goals and deadlines change
- Organized and able to track many projects simultaneously
Any prior education or editing experience with medical or health care subjects is a plus.
What is the scope of responsibilities?
This is a full-time copy editor role. You will copy edit and fact-check a variety of articles for our 41 websites. You will also work with the Production Team to QA articles before they go live. Responsibilities include:
- Fact-checking article drafts
- Copy editing manuscripts for tone and accuracy
- Adhering to house style and AP Style guidelines
- Helping to maintain and develop the house style guide
- QA checks on articles before they are published
- Special projects to support our Content Team goals, as needed
This is a full-time, remote position with options to work remotely in the states in which MHT currently operates or in our San Francisco or Sacramento office when they re-open.
MyHealthTeams is a close-knit, hard-working company where everyone respects everyone else’s contribution to our success. We are committed to serving people facing chronic conditions.
At MyHealthTeams, we believe in investing in people with diverse experiences and backgrounds to help improve the lives of people facing chronic health conditions. To do this, we seek to:
- Attract and hire a diverse workforce.
- Cultivate an environment where colleagues feel welcomed and supported.
- Nurture the professional growth of employees.
Our corporate headquarters is in San Francisco. We have an office in Sacramento and teams on both the west and east coasts.
MyHealthTeams is a 60-plus person mission-driven company that creates social networks for people facing chronic health conditions. We believe that if you’re diagnosed with a disease such as MS, lupus, breast cancer, or diabetes (to name a few), it should be easy to find support, trusted information, and the best people around to help you. With social networks in 41 different chronic conditions and over 2.5 million members, MyHealthTeams is the fastest-growing social network in chronic health. Three years from now, if you’re diagnosed with a chronic condition, we believe your doctor will prescribe one of our social networks because being engaged in one of them will actually improve health outcomes for their patients. We develop partnerships that empower and are transparent to our members. We believe that a business can “do good” while “doing well.”
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Copy editor.