MyHealthTeams is hiring an all-around 10Xer to join our Alliance Management team in San Francisco. You will help us maintain industry-leading, high standards for client delivery in the face of extremely rapid partnership growth – all while ensuring that everything we do empowers our members.
The Director, Alliance Management is responsible for engaging with partners throughout the partnership and driving results to ensure that the customer experience goes exceptionally. You will be responsible for ensuring that MyHealthTeams delivers value for its partners in a way that exceeds their expectations, with results that blow away traditional vendors and competitors. You will be the day-to-day point person between the partner and the rest of the team including research, and member outreach. You will also listen for opportunities to deepen and expand the relationship within each partner, and work with the Partnerships team to pursue those opportunities. As you see new product or service opportunities for partners you will work with the product team to flesh those out.
The role itself is a mix of customer success, account management, product development, and product marketing that necessitates high-touch, high profile account strategy and planning for multi-million dollar opportunities. The role requires a great mix of skills in strategic account planning, relationship management, analysis and communication, financial planning and developing creative solutions.
Proven ability to overcome these challenges is a must:
- Many priorities on short timelines – you’re not fazed (and in fact you thrive) when you have a lot going on. You’re comfortable juggling many time-sensitive tasks across many projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Long project implementation cycle and bureaucracy of industry – getting new projects off the ground to seeing results can take 3-6 months when dealing with pharma partners, and includes a lot of iterations with our partners and agencies to get there. You have a knack for keeping things moving and being collaborative in these environments.
- Lean team – you’re comfortable taking on any and all Alliance Management challenges that come your way and are an enthusiastic team player, willing to do the unglamorous work as well as participate in strategic thinking. You’re committed to helping the team perform and scale.
Success for the Director, Alliance Management looks like:
- Delivers service levels that will set the benchmark for the industry, driven by a sharp sense of customer focus and incredible attention to detail
- Aligns internal and external communications to ensure consistency in the client and community experience
- Drives results for partners by developing project plans and executing on them, iterating when needed and helping to define new products to ensure customer success
- Proactively collaborates and communicates with other business and technical leadership within the organization to drive toward mutual goals
- Creates a repeatable and scalable process and approach to onboarding and alliances to maximize the opportunities to serve partners and all MyHealthTeams social networks
- Serves as an evangelist for the MyHealthTeams brand, products, and services to the pharmaceutical and life sciences industry
- Works with colleagues and senior leadership to develop new commercial products and services
- Inherits existing relationships and seek opportunities to strategically expand them
The right person for this role:
- Has a sophisticated understanding of the pharmaceutical and life sciences industry.
- Is a proactive, self-starter who will seek out and define opportunities, not wait for them to fall in your lap
- Is adaptable in your approach, enlisting and embracing inputs from those within and without the organization
- Takes a “land and expand” approach to relationships, understanding that MyHealthTeams is looking to build long term relationships with their partners
- Has strong hands-on leadership skills and have a pragmatic business focused approach to the delivery of service and projects alike, with good negotiation and presentation skills
- Must be able to work effectively at all levels. Will have the gravitas, charisma and knowledge to be credible in all business situations
- Has graduated from a top college or university, preferably with a degree in business, marketing, a hard science, or related field. An MBA and experience in consulting or client service is advantageous
MyHealthTeams is a lean (22-person), venture-backed startup that creates social networks for people facing chronic health conditions. We believe that if you’re diagnosed with a disease such as MS, lupus, breast cancer, or diabetes (to name a few), it should be easy to find the best people around to help you. With social networks in 24 different chronic conditions and over 1 million members, MyHealthTeams is the fastest-growing social network in chronic health. Four years from now, if you’re diagnosed with a chronic condition, we believe your doctor will prescribe one of our social networks because being engaged in one of them will actually improve health outcomes for their patients. We develop partnerships that empower and are transparent to our members. The significant interest and early success from our industry partnerships to date prove that we have a business that can “do good” while “doing well.”
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org