MyHealthTeams (MHT) is seeking a Director of Alliance Management (AM) to join our team in San Francisco reporting to the VP of Alliance Management. This seasoned account management expert will help MHT maintain industry-leading, high standards for client delivery in the face of extremely rapid partnership growth — all while ensuring that everything we do empowers our members. At MHT, we liken the Alliance Management role to a skilled Air Traffic Control team because they keep all projects moving forward, avoiding delays and conflicts through careful planning, creative problem solving, relationship management and impeccable communication.
The Director of Alliance Management will engage with clients on projects from the pre-contract phase through completion/renewal. The Director will be responsible for managing the success of MHT’s engagements with a portfolio of client partners (primarily in Pharma) with multiple projects spanning different project phases. This includes managing active projects’ execution as well as driving renewals and upsell opportunities in partnership with Business Development. This person must be adept at executing hands-on content strategy, creation and approval, as well as effective strategic account management. This person will be highly analytical and will deliver actionable insights to internal partners to drive scale and to external partners to deliver value and ultimately, Customer Success.
For any given project, the Director will partner with all members of the Business Development team to evaluate projects nearing execution to ensure the contract is consistent with MHT process and is operationally feasible. Once signed, the Director will lead the project’s initiation and will manage all aspects of supporting logistics for the project’s success from content approval via client’s review process or systems to adverse event reporting requirements. Once projects have successfully launched, the Director will be responsible for delivering ongoing reporting against established Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) alongside their Business Development counterpart to clients.
This candidate must possess superior written and verbal communication with significant proficiency presenting to clients both remotely and in-person. This candidate must also have relevant experience to enable them to ramp quickly — becoming comfortable with the 30 conditions MHT supports, the clients we work with to empower members in these networks and our products so that they can hit the ground running. The ideal candidate must be excited to roll up their sleeves and engage with the internal teams in a start-up environment — some processes still need to be created or perfected; this person will wear many hats representing work spanning skill levels and there is an expectation that this person will provide input and ideas to ensure the team at MHT is constantly learning and growing together and as individuals.
Expectations for Success
The right person will succeed by:
- Managing priorities on short timelines – you’re not phased (and in fact you thrive) when you have a lot going on. You’re comfortable juggling many time-sensitive tasks across many projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Remaining motivated through long project implementation cycles and bureaucracy of industry – getting new projects off the ground to seeing results can take 3-6 months when dealing with pharma partners, and includes a lot of iterations with our partners and agencies to get there. You have a knack for keeping things moving and being collaborative in these environments.
- Delivering service levels that will set the benchmark for the industry, driven by a sharp sense of customer focus and incredible attention to detail
- Proactively aligning internal and external communications to ensure consistency in the client and community experience
- Driving results for partners by developing a strong understanding of their definition of success and ensuring that the work we do delivers on those goals and leaves them looking for more ways to work with MHT
- Creating repeatable and scalable processes and approaches to all aspects of their work to maximize the opportunities to serve partners and all MHT social networks’ members
- Serving as an evangelist for the MHT brand, products, and services to the pharmaceutical and life sciences industry
- Working with colleagues and senior leadership to develop new commercial products and services
- Inheriting existing relationships and seeking opportunities to strategically expand them
The right person for this role:
- Has a sophisticated understanding of the pharmaceutical and life sciences industry
- Is a proactive, self-starter who will seek out and define opportunities
- Is adaptable in your approach, enlisting and embracing inputs from those within and outside the organization
- Takes a “land and expand” approach to relationships, understanding that MHT is looking to build long term relationships with their partners
- Must be able to work effectively at all levels. Will have the gravitas, charisma and knowledge to be credible in all business situations
- Has graduated from a top college or university, preferably with a degree in business, marketing, a hard science, or related field. An MBA and experience in consulting or Customer Success is advantageous
MyHealthTeams is a lean (27-person), venture-backed startup that creates social networks for people facing chronic health conditions. We believe that if you’re diagnosed with a disease such as MS, lupus, breast cancer, or diabetes (to name a few), it should be easy to find the best people around to help you. With social networks in 32 different chronic conditions and over 1.7 million members, MyHealthTeams is the fastest-growing social network in chronic health. Four years from now, if you’re diagnosed with a chronic condition, we believe your doctor will prescribe one of our social networks because being engaged in one of them will actually improve health outcomes for their patients. We develop partnerships that empower and are transparent to our members. The significant interest and early success from our industry partnerships to date prove that we have a business that can “do good” while “doing well.”
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com