The mission of MyHealthTeams is to improve the health outcomes of people facing chronic health conditions. We do that by making it easy for all people facing chronic conditions to find the people, support and information they need to better advocate for themselves and manage their condition. MyHealthTeams has launched patient social networks in 33 different chronic conditions to date and has more on the way. It is the largest and fastest-growing set of social networks in chronic health with 2.3 million registered members across 13 countries. There are 150 million people facing chronic disease in America alone. We are just getting started.
MyHealthTeams is seeking a Director, Community Partnerships who is passionate about making sure that every last family facing a chronic disease is aware of the MyHealthTeams social network available for them. Out of the gates, you will help us as we expand into rare diseases for which we are launching new social networks. Then you will help us achieve our goal of doubling membership and tripling audience reach over the next two years across all of our social networks. Not everyone can be reached through Facebook and Google (we already do plenty of that); we need you to figure out all the other ways of spreading the word in the community, including through partnerships with patient groups, key opinion leaders, nurses, doctors, community organizations, churches, influencers, medical students, payers and more.
Your efforts will be focused on building membership in the United States. Working with the executive team you will figure out the top opportunities and then go out as the face of MyHealthTeams to make it happen. Location is flexible. You will report to the SVP Marketing who is based in MyHealthTeams HQ in San Francisco.
Your challenge will be finding solutions that scale. This job is hard and the obvious solutions aren’t so effective. Many patient foundations are fragmented, and lack the resources, up-to-date databases or incentives to direct their members to partner apps. National patient conferences are not scalable nor easily accessible by people facing a chronic disease. Doctors are incredibly busy. You thrive on finding solutions around such hurdles. Three years from now you will proudly point to the programs and partnerships you have set up that have engaged millions of patients.
- Doing the outreach (sometimes cold outreach) to connect with community leaders and influencers to explore potential partnerships
- Creating the partnerships and programs that will scale
- Working with internal product and marketing teams to deliver on our partnerships
- Negotiating partnership agreements and being the face of MyHealthTeams externally
- Building and Developing active relationships with external leaders and serving as their point of contact with MyHealthTeams
- Speaking at conferences and patient meetings
- Conducting lots of tests and analyzing the results to determine program efficacy and scalability. Rapidly iterating to improve, change or end underperforming programs and grow/emulate successful ones.
- Success in First 6 Months: 5-10 partnerships established that are delivering a measurable and steady growth of new members on a monthly basis. Clear roadmap for scaling those programs and testing more.
- Success after 12 Months: Run rate of adding more than 300,000 members per year from your programs. Blueprint for expansion in any condition.
- You wake up thinking about building partnerships and are a consummate networker.
- You feel energized meeting with potential new partners and speaking in front of groups.
- Self-starter who like to create something from nothing
- You love learning about chronic conditions and the needs of the community. From rare diseases like hemophilia and rare cancers, to more prevalent conditions such lupus, MS, or vitiligo – you are on a mission of connecting with making sure every last family facing that condition is aware of and invited to join our free, password-protected and safe social networks.
- Graduate of top college or university with a BA or BS degree
- Proven track record of creating membership programs that scale (be prepared to point to the programs and speak to the metrics)
- 5+ years of business development or partnership experience
- Inspirational speaker and networker
- Facile with GSuite, Asana, and CRM systems.
- Excellent internal and external communication skills
- MBA from top school
- Strong interest and understanding of chronic disease
- Experience working in or with health systems, non-profits, community organizations, preferred.
- Experience working with rare disease communities
MyHealthTeams is a lean (35-person), venture-backed startup that creates social networks for people facing chronic health conditions. We believe that if you’re diagnosed with a disease such as MS, lupus, breast cancer, or diabetes (to name a few), it should be easy to find the best people around to help you. With social networks in 33 different chronic conditions and more than 2 million members, MyHealthTeams is the fastest-growing social network in chronic health. We believe that four years from now, if you’re diagnosed with a chronic condition, your doctor will prescribe one of our social networks because being socially engaged improves health outcomes for their patients. We develop partnerships that empower and are transparent to our members.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.