Who We’re Looking For:
MyHealthTeams is looking for a social media director to join our marketing team. In this role, you will profitably attract and retain loyal audiences through our organic social media channels — helping to triple the monthly active users (MAUs) to our own social networks in the coming two years.
You will lead a dynamic team, starting with one manager and a team of interns, and growing quickly as our audience expands. You’ll own organic social from planning to measurement, and know how to build cross-functional relationships and alignment to ensure that social becomes part of everything we do.
You have a deep understanding and passion for the latest trends and tactics within organic social and you know how to drive growth within this changing environment. You are a natural leader with exceptional interpersonal skills and have a passion for cultivating community within the chronic health space.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Leading the organic social plan — including content programming and community management strategy — across Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to maximize site visitor and membership growth for MyHealthTeam’s 41 chronic condition communities
- Driving a test-and-learn approach for organic social campaigns to meet audience goals and increase engagement
- Developing a social team that is constantly monitoring trends, testing new channels and ideas, and ensuring all stakeholders are informed on best practices
- Managing the creative and editorial process of all social media content to ensure the voice and brand are present in all creative forms
- Overseeing the organic social budget, team functionality, and processes to drive efficiency and results
- Building out the social reporting infrastructure to effectively monitor and track campaign measurement
- Developing a strong bond with your marketing growth peers who lead SEO and paid acquisition, and understanding how those channels impact our organic social opportunities
- Creating synergies between marketing and editorial leaders (paid, partnerships, email, etc.) to ensure alignment and brand consistency across the consumer journey
What We’re Looking For:
- 7+ years of social media management within a high growth environment (50% – 100% year-over-year audience growth) at an agency, media, or health company
- Demonstrated track record transforming social media into a strategic, audience- and revenue-generating channel
- Genius at creating big visions, detail-oriented plans, and pragmatic learnings around social strategy
- Well-versed in social analytics, social listening, content strategy, and community management
This is a full-time position. Due to COVID-19, it is a remote position; however, if/when we can go back to an office environment, you will have the opportunity to work in our downtown San Francisco office or our midtown Sacramento office. Option to work remotely in the states in which MHT operates is possible for the right candidate. We are offering a great opportunity to make a difference in the health care space.
- Our corporate headquarters is in San Francisco. We have an office in Sacramento and teams on both the West and East Coasts.
- Everyone here believes in the company mission, and we are committed to serving people facing chronic conditions.
- A close-knit, hard-working company where everyone respects everyone else’s contribution to our success
- At MyHealthTeams, we believe in investing in people with diverse experiences and backgrounds to help improve the lives of people facing chronic health conditions. To do this, we seek to:
- Attract and hire a diverse workforce
- Cultivate an environment where colleagues feel welcomed and supported
- Nurture the professional growth of employees
MyHealthTeams is a 60+ person mission-driven company that creates social networks for people facing chronic health conditions. We believe that if you’re diagnosed with a disease such as MS, lupus, breast cancer, or diabetes (to name a few), it should be easy to find support, trusted information, and the best people around to help you. With social networks in 41 different chronic conditions and over 2.5 million members, MyHealthTeams is the fastest-growing social network in chronic health. Three years from now, if you’re diagnosed with a chronic condition, we believe your doctor will prescribe one of our social networks because being engaged in one of them will actually improve health outcomes. We develop partnerships that empower and are transparent to our members. We believe that a business can “do good” while “doing well.”
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Director, Social Media.”