Who We’re Looking For:
MyHealthTeams (MHT) is seeking an editor to join our growing content team. You’ll have an excellent opportunity to be part of many editorial functions and work on content relating to 40+ chronic conditions.
The role requires strong health care knowledge, as well as developmental editing and project management skills. You’ll provide editorial and operational guidance across the department, ensuring the quality and consistency of our digital content.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Providing editorial support, including developmental edits, content updates, project management, production, and more as needed
- Writing articles, as needed
- Ensuring that the content upholds guidelines and standards for voice, tone, and sourcing
- Performing background research as needed to understand and edit wording around complex medical concepts
- Clarifying, organizing, and rewriting manuscripts as needed
- Providing notes to improve the quality of first drafts
- Working with the copyeditor on copyedits conforming to AP Style and house style
- Creating production schedules and providing project management and production support
What We’re Looking For:
- PhD in biological sciences or medical degree
- 3-5+ years in an editorial position
- Ability to edit articles quickly, accurately, and on brand
- Strong writing skills
- Experience with consumer health content, medical digital content, or pharma content
- Ability to fact-check and research medical and/or scientific data
- Strong knowledge of medical terminology
- Project management skills
- Familiarity with G Suite, CMS systems, and project management tools
- Team player who puts the success of the organization first
- Desire to fulfill the mission of improving outcomes for people with chronic conditions
It would be a plus if you had:
- Experience with or working knowledge of SEO
- Coursework in statistics
- Experience with project management software such as Asana
- Experience with copyediting
This is a full-time position. Due to COVID-19, it is a remote position; however, if/when we can go back to an office environment, you will have the opportunity to work in our downtown San Francisco office or our midtown Sacramento office. Option to work remotely in the states in which MHT operates is possible for the right candidate. We are offering a great opportunity to make a difference in the health care space.
- Our corporate headquarters is in San Francisco. We have an office in Sacramento and teams on both the West and East Coasts.
- Everyone here believes in the company mission, and we are committed to serving people facing chronic conditions.
- A close-knit, hard-working company where everyone respects everyone else’s contribution to our success
- At MyHealthTeams, we believe in investing in people with diverse experiences and backgrounds to help improve the lives of people facing chronic health conditions. To do this, we seek to:
- Attract and hire a diverse workforce
- Cultivate an environment where colleagues feel welcomed and supported
- Nurture the professional growth of employees
MyHealthTeams is a 60+ person mission-driven company that creates social networks for people facing chronic health conditions. We believe that if you’re diagnosed with a disease such as MS, lupus, breast cancer, or diabetes (to name a few), it should be easy to find support, trusted information, and the best people around to help you. With social networks in 41 different chronic conditions and over 2.5 million members, MyHealthTeams is the fastest-growing social network in chronic health. Three years from now, if you’re diagnosed with a chronic condition, we believe your doctor will prescribe one of our social networks because being engaged in one of them will actually improve health outcomes. We develop partnerships that empower and are transparent to our members. We believe that a business can “do good” while “doing well.”
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Editor.”