Who We’re Looking For:
MyHealthTeams is looking for freelance writers who are comfortable taking complex medical information and distilling it down into easily accessible articles for readers.
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience writing about medical or health topics
- Comfortable synthesizing complex medical research into accessible articles for consumers
- Ability to write on a range of medical topics, from digestive disorders to oncology to dermatology and beyond
- Available for an average of 10+ hours a week
- Committed to hitting deadlines every week
- Committed to producing detailed, high-quality, accessible medical content that can improve peoples’ outcomes
- Our corporate headquarters is in San Francisco. We have an office in Sacramento and teams on both the West and East Coasts.
- Everyone here believes in the company mission, and we are committed to serving people facing chronic conditions.
- A close-knit, hard-working company where everyone respects everyone else’s contribution to our success
- At MyHealthTeams, we believe in investing in people with diverse experiences and backgrounds to help improve the lives of people facing chronic health conditions. To do this, we seek to:
- Attract and hire a diverse workforce
- Cultivate an environment where colleagues feel welcomed and supported
- Nurture the professional growth of employees
MyHealthTeams is a 60+ person mission-driven company that creates social networks for people facing chronic health conditions. We believe that if you’re diagnosed with a disease such as MS, lupus, breast cancer, or diabetes (to name a few), it should be easy to find support, trusted information, and the best people around to help you. With social networks in 41 different chronic conditions and over 2.5 million members, MyHealthTeams is the fastest-growing social network in chronic health. Three years from now, if you’re diagnosed with a chronic condition, we believe your doctor will prescribe one of our social networks because being engaged in one of them will actually improve health outcomes. We develop partnerships that empower and are transparent to our members. We believe that a business can “do good” while “doing well.”
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, portfolio, and resume to Ensley@myhealthteams.com with the subject line “Freelance Writer.”