Graphic / Visual Designer
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a creative visual designer with a passion for design to join our team. Someone who stays on top of current digital design trends and is eager to use their illustration and design skills for a great cause. You enjoy all aspects of design, whether it’s production level or creative you show eagerness and a positive attitude. If you love design and this sounds like you, then read on.
What skills are we seeking?
- Someone who is positive and loves to work with others
- Professionalism regarding time and meeting deadlines
- Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas
- Proficient creating original designs (from concept to final)
- Color and design sensibility that aligns with our brand
- BFA in Graphic Design/Illustration or similar discipline
- 5 -7 years experience in visual Graphic Design/Illustration working for an internet company
- Demonstrate ability to create original illustrations and graphic assets
- Up to date with current software (current version of the Adobe Creative Suite)
- Understanding of creating design assets for both digital and print use
- Understanding of UX best practices
- Ability to sketch and create original illustrations and designs is a must.
- Video creation and editing is a bonus but not required.
What is the scope of responsibilities?
- Ability to take design briefs from Art Director, then bring to completion on your own
- Participate in productive design critique sessions and iterate on your designs
- Responsible for managing your time and meeting deadlines
This is a full-time, in-house position with the opportunity to work in either our downtown San Francisco office or our midtown Sacramento office. We are offering a great opportunity to make a difference in the healthcare space.
- We have two office locations in San Francisco and Sacramento, with a distributed workforce in the U.S. — both the West Coast and East Coast.
- We strive to be agile and test-driven, but we’re pragmatic enough to know we’re not perfect.
- A close-knit company where everyone respects everyone else’s contribution to our success.
MyHealthTeams is a lean (38-person), venture-backed startup that creates social networks for people facing chronic health conditions. We believe that if you’re diagnosed with a disease such as MS, lupus, breast cancer, or diabetes (to name a few), it should be easy to find the best people around to help you. With social networks in 33 different chronic conditions and more than 2 million members, MyHealthTeams is the fastest-growing social network in chronic health. We believe that four years from now, if you’re diagnosed with a chronic condition, your doctor will prescribe one of our social networks because being socially engaged improves health outcomes for their patients. We develop partnerships that empower and are transparent to our members.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org