Who We’re Looking For:
MyHealthTeams creates social networks, support, and information for people facing chronic conditions. We are looking for a Head of User Research and Insights to further our mission. You will report to the SVP of Product, and can be based in the U.S. remotely or in our San Francisco or Sacramento offices.
Our trust and innovation formula is based on consumer voice, coupled with simplicity, relevance, and actionability. This role is perfect for an open and curious person who understands human-centered research methodologies, and knows how to efficiently work inclusively and collaboratively to creatively problem-solve. You will be responsible for working with our design, product, community, and data analytics teams to discover unmet user needs and create engaging experiences that help our members achieve the health outcomes they deserve.
What We’re Looking For:
- Capable of discovering unmet user needs and generating data-driven and actionable takeaways to inform product and strategy and design. Crack the code on hundreds of new markets.
- Ability to be primarily hands-on, and eventually build a team from the ground up.
- Foster an environment that’s rooted in user empathy and defined personas, and brings both quantitative and qualitative data throughout the dev/design cycle.
- Develop and present a vision and long-term research roadmap to the leadership team and key stakeholders. Be agile to emergent opportunities.
- Define decisions up-front, map out the required evidence, and plan and execute the right approach.
- Conduct human-centered research studies, including interviews, surveys, competitive evaluations, etc., to discover user pain points, insights, and motivations.
- Influence and accommodate the priorities of Product and Community as well as Marketing, Content, and Alliance Management. Balance perfection with pragmatism.
- 8+ years of experience with a wide range of evaluative and generative research methods: focus groups, field studies, ethnography, persona building, journey mapping, participatory design, usability testing, and A/B testing.
- Intellectually curious, demonstrates sound judgment, resourceful, driven to make an impact and own results.
- Preferred advanced degree (or equivalent experience) in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or other related areas of study.
MyHealthTeams is committed to creating an inclusive space where current and future employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Even if your experience does not check every bullet point, we still highly encourage you to apply. The best hires do not always check off every box of a job description.
Full COVID-19 vaccination is required for this role. Unfortunately, we cannot entertain candidates from Montana, Texas, or Florida at this time.
This is a full-time position. Due to COVID-19, it is a remote position; however, if/when we can go back to an office environment, you will have the opportunity to work in our downtown San Francisco office or our midtown Sacramento office. Option to work remotely in the states in which MHT operates is possible for the right candidate. We are offering a great opportunity to make a difference in the health care space.
- Our corporate headquarters is in San Francisco. We have an office in Sacramento and teams on both the West and East Coasts.
- Everyone here believes in the company mission, and we are committed to serving people facing chronic conditions.
- A close-knit, hard-working company where everyone respects everyone else’s contribution to our success
- At MyHealthTeams, we believe in investing in people with diverse experiences and backgrounds to help improve the lives of people facing chronic health conditions. To do this, we seek to:
- Attract and hire a diverse workforce
- Cultivate an environment where colleagues feel welcomed and supported
- Nurture the professional growth of employees
MyHealthTeams is an 80+ person, mission-driven company that creates social networks for people facing chronic health conditions. We believe that if you’re diagnosed with a disease such as MS, lupus, breast cancer, or diabetes (to name a few), it should be easy to find support, trusted information, and the best people around to help you.
With social networks in 42 different chronic conditions and over 2.5 million members, MyHealthTeams is the fastest-growing social network in chronic health. Three years from now, if you’re diagnosed with a chronic condition, we believe your doctor will prescribe one of our social networks because being engaged in one of them will actually improve health outcomes. We develop partnerships that empower and are transparent to our members. We believe that a business can “do good” while “doing well.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, portfolio, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Head of User Research and Insights” in the email subject line.