Who We’re Looking For:
MyHealthTeams creates social networks, support, and information for people facing chronic conditions. We are looking for a hands-on and talented designer to shape unique, user-centric digital products and experiences. This is a director or senior director level position, and you will report to the SVP of Product. You can be based in the US remotely or in our San Francisco or Sacramento offices.
Our trust and innovation formula is based on consumer voice coupled with simplicity, relevance, and actionability. You will collaborate closely with engineers, product managers, researchers, data analysts, and visual designers on our 42+ social networks, websites, and mobile apps. You will make deliberate design decisions and translate any given user-experience journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction.
What We’re Looking For:
- Take a human-centered design approach and incorporate both quantitative and qualitative data into all stages of the design process.
- Develop and present future design vision, including storyboards, journey maps, and information architecture to the leadership team and key stakeholders.
- Define cohesive and seamless flows for users coming from email, notifications, and content marketing to discover and engage with our products.
- Conceive, wireframe, sketch, prototype, and mock up user experiences using leading tools such as InVision, Figma, etc.
- Understand end-to-end usability challenges via session playback analysis, usability testing, participatory design, etc., of various user states and segments.
- Continuously deploy, test, analyze and rapidly iterate on your designs.
- Clearly and effectively communicate design processes, trade-offs, and solutions. Be open to input/feedback, and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Balance process and productivity with craft and creative explorations.
- Serve as our first UX/UI designer and eventually hire and manage a team.
- 5+ years experience shipping user-centered consumer mobile apps and/or web products, preferably in a fast-growing startup environment.
MyHealthTeams is committed to creating an inclusive space where current and future employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Even if your experience does not check every bullet point, we still highly encourage you to apply. The best hires do not always check off every box of a job description.
Full COVID-19 vaccination is required for this role. Unfortunately, we cannot entertain candidates from Montana, Texas, or Florida at this time.
This is a full-time position. Due to COVID-19, it is a remote position; however, if/when we can go back to an office environment, you will have the opportunity to work in our downtown San Francisco office or our midtown Sacramento office. Option to work remotely in the states in which MHT operates is possible for the right candidate. We are offering a great opportunity to make a difference in the health care space.
- Our corporate headquarters is in San Francisco. We have an office in Sacramento and teams on both the West and East Coasts.
- Everyone here believes in the company mission, and we are committed to serving people facing chronic conditions.
- A close-knit, hard-working company where everyone respects everyone else’s contribution to our success
- At MyHealthTeams, we believe in investing in people with diverse experiences and backgrounds to help improve the lives of people facing chronic health conditions. To do this, we seek to:
- Attract and hire a diverse workforce
- Cultivate an environment where colleagues feel welcomed and supported
- Nurture the professional growth of employees
MyHealthTeams is a 80+ person, mission-driven company that creates social networks for people facing chronic health conditions. We believe that if you’re diagnosed with a disease such as MS, lupus, breast cancer, or diabetes (to name a few), it should be easy to find support, trusted information, and the best people around to help you.
With social networks in 42 different chronic conditions and over 2.5 million members, MyHealthTeams is the fastest-growing social network in chronic health. Three years from now, if you’re diagnosed with a chronic condition, we believe your doctor will prescribe one of our social networks because being engaged in one of them will actually improve health outcomes. We develop partnerships that empower and are transparent to our members. We believe that a business can “do good” while “doing well.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, portfolio, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Head of UX/UI Design” in the email subject line.