MyHealthTeams is opening up a geographic co-location to establish a small and impactful engineering team. We’re hiring a lead software developer to work closely with the Chief Architect of the product platform to help grow a cohesive development team. This team will work with and build upon the engine behind the fastest growing social network for people living with chronic health conditions. Do you have a team of trusted colleagues that you enjoy working with? Bring them with you!
The core of what we do is Rails, but we’re growing so there’s plenty of other cool things we have to tackle. This is a unique opportunity to help shape our core platform.
- Working knowledge of AWS EC2
- Are familiar with TDD/BDD
- Love clean code
- Are motivated to work on something making a difference
- Are an all-rounder: ready to create concise CSS today, write Mongo aggregation tools tomorrow, and take on everything in between
- Bonus points for Zurb Foundation, Apache Solr, and using mvim. Negative points if you don’t know what :wq does
- We build our platform around Ruby, Rails, Sass, jQuery, Mongodb, and AWS
- We use Ionic for mobile app development
- We strive to be agile and test-driven, but we’re pragmatic to know we’re not perfect
- We know the line between when to move fast and break things and when to go slow and get them right — we’re well beyond prototyping
- A close-knit company where everyone respects everyone else’s contribution to our success
MyHealthTeams is a lean (currently 25 people, and growing) startup that creates social networks for people facing chronic health conditions. We’re backed by VC funding and an investment from CVS Health. We believe that if you’re diagnosed with a disease such as MS, Lupus, breast cancer, or diabetes (to name a few out of 32 social networks), it should be easy to find the best people around to help you. We develop partnerships that empower, and are transparent to our millions of members, and never share the personally identifying information of our members.
If you are interested in this unique position to thrive at a growth company focused on improving the lives of those living with chronic disease through the MyHealthTeams platform, and are passionate about building features that best serve its users, please send your resumé and cover letter with the subject line: Lead Software Developer to DevJobs@MyHealthTeams.com