Manager of Partnerships
- MyHealthTeams more than doubled sales from 2016 to 2017 and is expecting to double sales in 2018 and 2019.
- We have a tremendous opportunity and challenge to connect with hundreds of people in pharmaceutical and biotech companies so they can better understand the value we can deliver for them.
- In order to achieve our 2018 sales objectives, we need someone who is persistent, works smart and can handle the rejection; not everyone can handle the amount of rejection and lack of customer response that is inherent in almost every sales job. We need a pure hunter who is willing to cold call (email, LinkedIn and phone) hundreds of people each month with the appropriate frequency to maximize response.
- Identify prospective buyers on LinkedIn – work with BD team (SVP of Partnerships and the VPs of Partnerships) to identify the companies to target for outreach efforts. After identifying the companies, identify the potential buyers to contact.
- Add contacts to ProsperWorks, the Customer Relationship Management program that MHT uses to manage and track contacts.
- Build a database of prospects to help track outreach efforts and results.
- Email and connect with potential buyers on LinkedIn to secure meetings for BD team.
- Occasionally join BD team members for sales meetings.
Other Responsibilities May Include:
- Working with BD team to process Master Service Agreements and Statements of Work.
- Helping BD team prepare program performance reports for sponsor programs.
- Working with Alliance Management team to reach out to clients with information requests
Expectations for Success
Success for the Manager of Partnerships will require:
- Cold call at least 20 people per day (100 people per week)
- Secure at least 5 meetings per week for BD team
- BD team to close at least $2MM from your outreach efforts for the year
- A pure hunter mentality – no fear of reaching out to potential buyers multiple times until the prospect responds.
- Strong organizational skills to organize and track outreach efforts to ensure we are deploying the appropriate frequency of outreach.
- Be highly responsive and supportive to BD team.
The right person for this role:
- Is someone who understands that success may only be securing meetings with 5-10% of the people prospected for each round of outreach and has the drive to continue forging ahead with excitement
- Is a team player and works well with others
- Is entrepreneurial and creative to consider other means of connecting with people and to contribute to the organization in other ways as needed
- Is a motivated, self-starter who will seek out and identify additional opportunities
- Is adaptable and enlists and embraces inputs from those within the organization
- Has a college degree
- Has 1-5 years of hunting/cold calling or telemarketing experience
- Has experience in life sciences but this is not required
MyHealthTeams is a lean (23-person), venture-backed startup that creates social networks for people facing chronic health conditions. We believe that if you’re diagnosed with a disease such as MS, lupus, breast cancer, or diabetes (to name a few), it should be easy to find the best people around to help you. With social networks in 28 different chronic conditions and over 1.2 million members, MyHealthTeams is the fastest-growing social network in chronic health. Four years from now, if you’re diagnosed with a chronic condition, we believe your doctor will prescribe one of our social networks because being engaged in one of them will actually improve health outcomes for their patients. We develop partnerships that empower and are transparent to our members. The significant interest and early success from our industry partnerships to date prove that we have a business that can “do good” while “doing well.”
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com