Who We’re Looking For:
MyHealthTeams (MHT) is seeking a photo editor with excellent photography skills to join our growing design team. You’ll have an opportunity to be part of many editorial functions and work on content relating to 41+ chronic conditions.
In this role, you’ll select the perfect image to represent the concept that is presented, so you should have a keen eye for design and composition, and the ability to edit as well as take your own photos.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Selecting photos for ads, content articles, and other promotional materials in a timely manner
- Managing a fast-paced workflow of photo asset requests
- Ensuring that selected photos uphold guidelines and standards for voice, tone, and sourcing
- Editing photos (including color correcting, cropping, and retouching when needed)
- Organizing and archiving published photos
- Performing background research as needed to understand and select photos related to complex medical concepts
- Working with the content and design teams to ensure that final photos are ready to go live in a timely manner
- Creating production schedules and providing project management and production support
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in photography, graphic design, or a related field; or 3+ years of experience in a similar position
- 3+ years of experience in a photography and/or photo editorial position
- Ability to select and edit photos quickly, accurately, and on-brand
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to take your own high-quality, dynamic photographs
- Experience with consumer health content, medical digital content, or pharma content
- Project management skills
- Photoshop mastery in relation to digital photo editing
- Team player who puts the success of the organization first
- Desire to fulfill the mission of improving outcomes for people with chronic conditions
It would be a plus if you have:
- Experience with digital asset management
- Experience with project management software such as Asana
- Experience with graphic design
MyHealthTeams is committed to creating an inclusive space where current and future employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Even if your experience does not check every bullet point, we still highly encourage you to apply. The best hires do not always check off every box of a job description.
This is a full-time position. Due to COVID-19, it is a remote position; however, if/when we can go back to an office environment, you will have the opportunity to work in our downtown San Francisco office or our midtown Sacramento office. The option to work remotely in the states in which MHT operates is possible for the right candidate. We are offering a great opportunity to make a difference in the health care space.
Full COVID-19 vaccination is required for this role. Unfortunately, we cannot entertain candidates from Montana, Texas, or Florida at this time.
- Our corporate headquarters is in San Francisco. We have an office in Sacramento and teams on both the West and East Coasts.
- Everyone here believes in the company mission, and we are committed to serving people facing chronic conditions.
- A close-knit, hard-working company where everyone respects everyone else’s contribution to our success
- At MyHealthTeams, we believe in investing in people with diverse experiences and backgrounds to help improve the lives of people facing chronic health conditions. To do this, we seek to:
- Attract and hire a diverse workforce
- Cultivate an environment where colleagues feel welcomed and supported
- Nurture the professional growth of employees
MyHealthTeams is a 70+ person mission-driven company that creates social networks for people facing chronic health conditions. We believe that if you’re diagnosed with a disease such as MS, lupus, breast cancer, or diabetes (to name a few), it should be easy to find support, trusted information, and the best people around to help you. With social networks in 41 different chronic conditions and over 2.5 million members, MyHealthTeams is the fastest-growing social network in chronic health. Three years from now, if you’re diagnosed with a chronic condition, we believe your doctor will prescribe one of our social networks because being engaged in one of them will actually improve health outcomes. We develop partnerships that empower and are transparent to our members. We believe that a business can “do good” while “doing well.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Photo Editor.”