Who We’re Looking For:
MyHealthTeams is seeking a highly entrepreneurial sales and business development leader to join our fast-growing bicoastal team. If you understand the pharmaceutical world, are super smart and motivated, and are passionate about making the pharmaceutical industry truly “patient-centric,” this could be the right fit.
We have organized our business development group into teams, with each team managed by an experienced senior vice president of partnerships and supported by a team of directors and managers of partnerships. Together, we identify the highest-potential partnership opportunities, develop relationships with the best partners, and structure and negotiate agreements. You’ll work closely with our partner operations team to deliver and renew our products in media and custom content.
Your success in this role would look like this:
- Fully understanding the needs of existing and future partners assigned to your team.
- Managing, motivating, and growing your team of sellers (VP and senior director) and support (directors and manager team) to exceed aggressive booking goals.
- Managing your team’s pipeline, providing input for product development, proactively contributing in team leadership meetings, and helping shape the future of our business development.
- Managing the role as both player and coach, serving as a valuable resource for your team and participating in partner meetings and strategy sessions to help grow and close media business.
- Cooperating with the pharma team to uncover non-media opportunities and cooperating actively in closing business bridging commercial, medical affairs, and clinical operations.
- Significantly developing and expanding our existing partnerships with pharma manufacturers and their agencies.
- Achieving 90 percent+ partner satisfaction and retention
What We’re Looking For:
- 10+ years of experience selling into commercial pharma teams and their agencies.
- Strongest experience must be in health endemic, digital media targeting DTC.
- Beneficial to have experience in custom-curated content at premium prices targeting a premium, highly-targeted audience.
- 4+ years of experience managing a team of sellers and support staff with P&L responsibilities and the ability to navigate and improve the team’s dynamics.
- Passion for empowering people facing chronic health conditions and driven by the opportunity to make health care and drug development more consumer-centric
- Self-driven and motivated; thrives working in a team, understanding the personal responsibilities inherent in leadership.
- Rigorous and disciplined in building a team and managing the team’s customer base
- A compelling and persuasive public speaker with a knack for winning over supporters
- Smart and able to think on your feet
Proven ability to overcome these challenges is a must:
- Concerns of new, consumer-led health trends: The health care world has traditionally been pharma- and physician-led. That is rapidly changing as social networking and mobile technology put vastly more information and control in the hands of consumers facing chronic conditions. While this shift is applauded by many great people in the health care system, you will run into resistance from entrenched players and processes that must be overcome
- Lean team: In addition to BD activities, you’ll be responsible for your team’s respectful cooperation with the partner operations team for some alliance management activities as well. You’ll work with support from the EVP, the other SVPs, the directors of partnerships, our marketing and design team, and the directors of alliance management.
This is a full-time position. The entire sales organization is working remotely and meets regularly as a team, primarily on the East Coast. We are offering a great opportunity to make a difference in the healthcare space.
- Our corporate headquarters is in San Francisco. We have an office in Sacramento and teams on both the West and East Coasts.
- Everyone here believes in the company’s mission, and we are committed to serving people facing chronic conditions.
- A close-knit, hard-working company where everyone respects everyone else’s contribution to our success
- At MyHealthTeams, we believe in investing in people with diverse experiences and backgrounds to help improve the lives of people facing chronic health conditions. To do this, we seek to:
- Attract and hire a diverse workforce
- Cultivate an environment where colleagues feel welcomed and supported
- Nurture the professional growth of employees
MyHealthTeams is a 60+ person mission-driven company that creates social networks for people facing chronic health conditions. We believe that if you’re diagnosed with a disease such as MS, lupus, breast cancer, or diabetes (to name a few), it should be easy to find support, trusted information, and the best people around to help you. With social networks in 41 different chronic conditions and over 2.5 million members, MyHealthTeams is the fastest-growing social network in chronic health. Three years from now, if you’re diagnosed with a chronic condition, we believe your doctor will prescribe one of our social networks because being engaged in one of them will actually improve health outcomes. We develop partnerships that empower and are transparent to our members. We believe that a business can “do good” while “doing well.”
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Senior Vice President, Partnerships — Media.”