Who are we looking for?
We are searching for an SEO Outreach Specialist to extend our relevance across various health and chronic condition sites. Great opportunity for someone with one year of work experience to gain more experience quickly. Remote is okay. You will prospect online publishers and other relevant sites for backlink opportunities, and manage the ongoing relationships with backlink partners, who support our suite of content for our social networking sites. This person will be a primary stakeholder in developing relationships and securing links on other websites to our social networks. This person will report directly to the SEO Director and must be able to manage a small team of contractors, if necessary. We have thousands of articles and incredible research studies that are ripe for link opportunities. Your role will have a meaningful impact on our business.
We’re growing (over 40 brands under MyHealthTeams), so there are plenty of other cool things to tackle. This is a true growth opportunity for the right individual, specifically someone who is looking to build on their link building and SEO experience. We have thousands of articles and incredible research studies that are ripe for link opportunities.
We are a strongly mission-based company, and our content empowers people living with chronic conditions. For this reason, you need good judgment, empathy and compassion. Some of the content we cover is challenging and must be handled with great sensitivity. As the individual performing outreach, you must understand that you will be the first impression of our company to a lot of the sites you will be prospecting. We take that responsibility seriously, as should you. We are offering a great opportunity to make a difference in the health tech space.
What you’ll be doing for SEO outreach and link building
- Work with the SEO Team to develop link building strategy
- Stay current with modern and innovative outreach practices
- Perform customized outreach to earn links to MyHealthTeams pages
- Identify existing content and new content ideas with link building potential
- Ensure team is following best off-page SEO practices
What you bring to the role:
- 1+ years of related experience
- Experience using SEO tools such as Ahrefs, Majestic SEO, Scrapebox, Screaming Frog, Pitchbox, & Google Search Console
- Develops knowledge of business, competition and latest industry news and trends.
- Effective time management skills with an ability to multitask and prioritize
- Very thorough/rigorous approach to link opportunity standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to build strong working relationships and effectively collaborate with stakeholders
This is a full-time position. Due to Covid-19 it is a work at home position, however if/when we can go back to work you will have the opportunity to work in our downtown San Francisco office or our midtown Sacramento office. Option to work remote in the states in which MHT operates is possible for the right candidate. We are offering a great opportunity to make a difference in the healthcare space.
- Our corporate headquarters is in San Francisco. We have an office in Sacramento and teams on both the west and east coasts.
- Everyone here joined for the mission and huge opportunity and are committed to serving people facing chronic conditions.
- A close-knit, hard-working company where everyone respects everyone else’s contribution to our success
- At MyHealthTeams, we believe in investing in people with diverse experiences and backgrounds to help improve the lives of people facing chronic health conditions. To do this, we seek to:
- Attract and hire a diverse workforce
- Cultivate an environment where colleagues feel welcomed and supported
- Nurture the professional growth of employees
MyHealthTeams is a 60+ person mission-driven company that creates social networks for people facing chronic health conditions. We believe that if you’re diagnosed with a disease such as MS, lupus, breast cancer, or diabetes (to name a few), it should be easy to find support, trusted information, and the best people around to help you. With social networks in 41 different chronic conditions and over 2.5 million members, MyHealthTeams is the fastest-growing social network in chronic health. Three years from now, if you’re diagnosed with a chronic condition, we believe your doctor will prescribe one of our social networks because being engaged in one of them will actually improve health outcomes for their patients. We develop partnerships that empower and are transparent to our members. We believe that a business can “do good” while “doing well.”
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “SEO Outreach Specialist.”