Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a self-motivated, detailed, and analytically minded social media enthusiast to join the MyHealthTeams Marketing team. You will be a critical brand ambassador and the first point of contact for our followers and visitors through Facebook and Twitter.
Who should you be? What are your skills?
- Compassionate, responsive, and communicative team player. One who anticipates needs, manages expectations, and who can self-manage at a fast-paced startup!
- Social media savvy (Facebook and Twitter specifically, Agora Pulse a plus) with broad interests in storytelling or public health
- A clear communicator with strong writing and copy-editing skills that can be process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions
- You’re highly organized, meticulous, efficient, and have a keen eye for detail
- Enthusiastic about addressing customer needs in a timely manner
- Ready to take on new challenges and not afraid to dig in and get your hands dirty
- You’re flexible and have no problem quickly switching gears to better accommodate the needs of our users or our team
- Capacity to manage multiple daily tasks successfully, as well as long-term strategic projects
What are your responsibilities?
- Use social media management tools to support MyHealthTeams’ portfolio of 40 chronic condition communities.
- Drive and maintain the social media Content Calendar by disseminating and scheduling predetermined content on Facebook and Twitter to an audience of more than 1.6 million people.
- Respond to engagement and inquiries from our social media audience.
- Analyze content to determine which types work best and assist in growing our social media following in our key target segments.
- Increase conversion of engaged social media audience to become registered MyHealthTeams members.
- Track trends and identify improvement opportunities based on the responses from our social media audiences, socialize those pain points internally, and suggest improvements.
- Establish guidelines and processes to automate messages to improve efficiency by reducing manual responses, while maintaining conversions.
- Exude empathy and passion for our audiences, users, and our communities.
Desired Skills, Experience, and Knowledge
- BA/BS in journalism, creative writing, communications, marketing, advertising, or related field, preferred
- Interest in or knowledge of chronic conditions or health care
- Familiarity with Social Media scheduling tools, Google Analytics, Facebook Pages Manager, and social media content management platforms.
We have two office locations San Francisco and Sacramento. We strive to be agile and test-driven, but we’re pragmatic enough to know we’re not perfect. We are a close-knit company where everyone respects everyone else’s contributions to our success.
MyHealthTeams is a venture-backed startup that creates social networks for people facing chronic health conditions. We believe that if you’re diagnosed with a disease such as MS, lupus, breast cancer, or diabetes (to name a few), it should be easy to find the best people around to help you. With social networks in 40 different chronic conditions and over 2.4 million members, MyHealthTeams is the fastest-growing social network in chronic health. We develop partnerships that empower and are transparent to our members. The significant interest and early success from our industry partnerships to date prove that we have a business that can “do good” while “doing well.”
If you are interested in this position, please send your resumé and cover letter with the subject line: Social Media Coordinator to firstname.lastname@example.org