Social Media Manager
MyHealthTeams is looking for a self-motivated, detailed and analytically minded Social Media Manager. This person will use Facebook and Twitter accounts to engage with people living with chronic health conditions for user acquisition. Responsive, timely, and communicative player needed. One who anticipates needs, manages expectations, and who can self-manage. Recommends and implements social media tactics to support MyHealthTeams’ portfolio of 27 chronic condition communities.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Social media management across MyHealthTeams’ communities
- Curate content and drive the social media editorial content calendar, ensuring content adheres to a consistent voice
- Engage potential MyHealthTeams users on Facebook, Twitter and other social channels with regular, engaging content by creating compelling social campaigns, posts, news and other content.
- Analyze content to determine which types work best
- Grow the social following in our key target segments
- Liaison with nonprofit and content partners
Desired Skills and Experience
- A self-starter with analytical and creative tendencies
- A social media and news junkie
- Broad interests in news, storytelling, public health
- Evidence of meticulous writing and editing experience
- Experience creating and executing marketing campaigns
- A desire to write compelling content
- A quick learner ready to work at a fast-paced startup
- A team player who enjoys critiquing their work and finding ways to improve
- BA/BS in journalism, creative writing, communications, English, public health, sociology or related field, preferred
- Knowledge of chronic conditions or health care
- Experience using Hootsuite, Google Analytics, Facebook Page Manager and other social media content management platforms
MyHealthTeams is a lean (24-person), venture-backed startup that creates social networks for people facing chronic health conditions. We believe that if you’re diagnosed with a disease such as MS, lupus, breast cancer, or diabetes (to name a few), it should be easy to find the best people around to help you. With social networks in 27 different chronic conditions and over 1 million members, MyHealthTeams is the fastest-growing social network in chronic health. Four years from now, if you’re diagnosed with a chronic condition, we believe your doctor will prescribe one of our social networks because being engaged in one of them will actually improve health outcomes for their patients. We develop partnerships that empower and are transparent to our members. The significant interest and early success from our industry partnerships to date prove that we have a business that can “do good” while “doing well.”
Interested in this role? Email your resume and cover letter here.