MyHealthTeams is seeking a Vice President of Alliance Management in San Francisco to lead and expand our growing Alliance Management team. A Player-Coach managing a team of 4-5 people, you will report to the cofounder and CEO and be a part of the leadership team. With the number of revenue partnerships doubling every year (pharm, biotech, digital health), you will be responsible for scaling our industry-leading, high standards for client delivery and driving the evolution of our partner offering – all while ensuring that everything we do empowers the members of our social networks.
Your job will be to make sure we knock the cover off the ball in our partnerships. Success is marked by expanded partnerships and happy members. You’ll have an additional 2 new people to hire and add to your team, doubling the existing alliance management team (currently two team members). You will be the day-to-day point person for some key accounts yourself, with your team managing the rest. You will also listen for opportunities to deepen and expand the relationship within each partner account and act as the primarily liaison with the Sales team to scope out new opportunities. As you identify new product or service opportunities for partners you will work with the product team to flesh those out.
Proven ability to overcome these challenges is a must:
- Paving the Way – MyHealthTeams is bringing the patient voice to industry in a way that has never been done before. Sometimes that means we are creating entirely new products that pharma hasn’t seen before and where processes are as of yet undefined. You enjoy seeing ambiguous opportunities and putting definition around them to turn into great solutions.
- Many partnerships at once – you thrive when you have a lot going on. You’re comfortable juggling details and timelines as well as coordinating operations across many simultaneous engagements in a fast-paced environment.
- Long project implementation cycle and bureaucracy of industry – getting new projects off the ground to seeing results can take 3-6 months when dealing with pharma partners, and includes a lot of iterations with our partners and agencies to get there. You have a knack for keeping things moving and being collaborative in these environments.
- “The Way Things Are Done” – You will be a creative problem solver, asble to discern when to push back on “the way things are done” to accomplish goals on a faster timeline using creative, out-of-the-box ideas, while respecting partner requirements.
Success for the VP, Alliance Management looks like:
- Makes the CEO redundant when it comes to Alliance Management
- Build a high-performing team with room for each member to develop and grow professionally
- Develops strong working relationships with our partners
- Drives success with partners by putting in place project plans for partnership engagements and orchestrating the team to meet them – all while exceeding partner expectations through exceptional service and excellent results
- Proactively collaborates and communicates with the rest of the MyHealthTeams crew, especially with the Partnerships, Research, and Product teams, to drive toward mutual goals and develop new commercial products and services
- Creates a repeatable and scalable process and approach to maximize the opportunities to serve partners and all MyHealthTeams social networks
- Serves as an evangelist for the MyHealthTeams brand, products, and services to the pharmaceutical and life sciences industry
The right person for this role:
- Has a sophisticated understanding of the pharmaceutical and life sciences industry
- Is an experienced manager of people and projects who can operate in a lean, entrepreneurial environment to build and strengthen a small team within a quickly-growing organization
- Is adaptable in your approach, enlisting and embracing inputs from those within and without the organization
- Takes a “land and expand” approach to relationships, understanding that MyHealthTeams is looking to build long term relationships with their partners
- Works effectively at senior levels. Will have the gravitas, charisma and knowledge to be credible in all business situations, with good negotiation and presentation skills
- Has a graduate degree from a top college or university, preferably with a degree in business, marketing, a hard science, or related field. An MBA and experience in consulting or client service is advantageous
MyHealthTeams is a lean (25+-person), venture-backed startup that creates social networks for people facing chronic health conditions. We believe that if you’re diagnosed with a disease such as MS, lupus, breast cancer, or diabetes (to name a few), it should be easy to find the best people around to help you. With social networks in 29 chronic conditions and over 1.3 million members, MyHealthTeams is the fastest-growing social network in chronic health. We develop partnerships that empower and are transparent to our members. The significant interest and early success from our industry partnerships to date prove that we have a business that can “do good” while “doing well.”
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com