Who We’re Looking For:
MyHealthTeams is looking for a VP Audience Strategy. In this role, you’ll be responsible for ensuring that MyHealthTeams triples the amount of highly qualified visitors to our social networks in the coming two years. You will lead a team of three (+ future growth) that finds new paid channels and optimizes the performance of those channels to deliver for clients and grow unique visitors every month. You will be directly responsible for managing a multimillion-dollar paid marketing budget that will continue to expand as our media revenue continues to grow.
You’ll be laser-focused on the goal of consistently delivering monthly campaign audience commitments for our media partners, and finding ways to expand our growth into new channels and more efficient use of existing channels. You’ll take responsibility for the audience quality (percentage of UVs that are diagnosed patients) we attract to our social networks. You will relentlessly track leading indicators of audience quality like time on site and click-through rates, as well as lagging indicators such as Crossix or Symphony. You will be the person who continually pushes the boundaries on how MyHealthTeams can reach more people facing chronic conditions and grow the visitors to our social networks. You will directly manage a team of paid performance marketers to deliver on active client campaigns that meet audience quality expectations. The paid performance team will manage a diversified portfolio of traffic sources and a sophisticated targeting strategy.
In this role, you’ll hire a team of analysts to build and manage a disciplined audience forecasting approach that informs future sales commitments and optimizes for long-term revenue growth. You’ll regularly talk with the sales team to fine-tune your understanding of audience demand and help inform our pricing strategy. The analyst team will use data to proactively identify incremental sales opportunities and areas of potential audience quality risk. This team is motivated to identify the optimal mix of sellable audience volume, audience quality, and ad product price point to maximize media revenue growth.
You will develop a strong bond with your marketing peers who lead CRM, partnerships, and growth, working with them closely on a day-to-day basis. You will have a deep understanding of the current and potential audience contributions from these other marketing channels and how they perform for our media partners.
What We’re Looking For:
- A people leader with past success in delivering audience solutions to support high growth media sales at scale (over $100 million in ad sales)
- A deep understanding of audience channel mix and audience quality as it relates to ad sales pricing and optimizing for revenue growth
- A proven track record of audience forecasting, specifically for supporting media sales opportunities in a growth environment
- Direct experience at a health media company or at a similar media organization with highly transferable experience
- An aggressive growth mindset — comfortable taking informed risks to quickly expand audience and revenue; constantly testing and learning is second nature for you
- A quantitative approach to problem-solving
- A creative strategist who gets excited by opportunities to leverage our unique market positioning
- A strong people leader, communicator, and cross-functional collaborator
- Passion about making it easy for people facing chronic conditions to find the right people, support, and information they need to better manage their condition
This is a full-time position. Due to COVID-19, it is a remote position; however, if/when we can go back to an office environment, you will have the opportunity to work in our downtown San Francisco office or our midtown Sacramento office. Option to work remotely in the states in which MHT operates is possible for the right candidate. We are offering a great opportunity to make a difference in the health care space.
- Our corporate headquarters is in San Francisco. We have an office in Sacramento and teams on both the West and East Coasts.
- Everyone here believes in the company mission, and we are committed to serving people facing chronic conditions.
- A close-knit, hard-working company where everyone respects everyone else’s contribution to our success
- At MyHealthTeams, we believe in investing in people with diverse experiences and backgrounds to help improve the lives of people facing chronic health conditions. To do this, we seek to:
- Attract and hire a diverse workforce
- Cultivate an environment where colleagues feel welcomed and supported
- Nurture the professional growth of employees
MyHealthTeams is a 60+ person mission-driven company that creates social networks for people facing chronic health conditions. We believe that if you’re diagnosed with a disease such as MS, lupus, breast cancer, or diabetes (to name a few), it should be easy to find support, trusted information, and the best people around to help you. With social networks in 41 different chronic conditions and over 2.5 million members, MyHealthTeams is the fastest-growing social network in chronic health. Three years from now, if you’re diagnosed with a chronic condition, we believe your doctor will prescribe one of our social networks because being engaged in one of them will actually improve health outcomes. We develop partnerships that empower and are transparent to our members. We believe that a business can “do good” while “doing well.”
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “VP Audience Strategy.”