Who We’re Looking For:
MyHealthTeams is looking for a highly entrepreneurial sales and business development professional to join our fast-growing bicoastal team. If you understand the pharmaceutical world, are super smart and motivated, and are passionate about making the pharmaceutical industry truly “patient-centric,” this could be the right fit.
We have organized our Business Development group into three teams, each managed by an experienced SVP of Partnerships and supported by a Director of Partnerships. Together, we identify the highest-potential partnership opportunities, develop relationships with the best partners, and structure and negotiate agreements. You’ll work closely with our Alliance Management team to deliver and renew our products: Media, Research, Trial Education, and Content, whether co-developed or curated.
Your success in the VP Partnerships position looks like this:
- Identifies, secures meetings with, and generates interest from four new pharmaceutical partners within the first quarter
- Signs more than $6MM in partnership revenue over the next two years
- Creates partnerships that generate strong participation from our members
- Significantly develops and expands our existing partnerships
- Has 90 percent+ partner satisfaction and retention
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience selling into commercial and/or clinical pharma teams
- Passion for empowering people facing chronic health conditions and driven by the opportunity to make health care and drug development more consumer-centric
- Self-driven and motivated; thrives working independently, but able to work and collaborate with a team
- Rigorous and disciplined in building and managing a customer base
- Undaunted by the bureaucracy and historic practices of the pharma and health care worlds that might get in the way of a less experienced person
- A compelling and persuasive public speaker with a knack for winning over supporters
- Smart and able to think on your feet
Proven ability to overcome these challenges is a must:
- Concerns of new, consumer-led health trends: The health care world has traditionally been pharma- and physician-led. That is rapidly changing as social networking and mobile technology put vastly more information and control in the hands of consumers facing chronic conditions. While this shift is applauded by many great people in the health care system, you will run into resistance from entrenched players and processes that must be overcome
- Long sales cycle and bureaucracy of industry: Forming relationships with new pharma, health care, or PBM companies takes ~6 months on average
- Lean team: In addition to BD activities, you’ll be responsible for some Alliance Management activities as well. You’ll work with support from the EVP, SVP, and Director of Partnerships, our Marketing and Design team and the Directors of Alliance Management.
This is a full-time position. Due to COVID-19, it is a remote position; however, if/when we can go back to an office environment, you will have the opportunity to work in our downtown San Francisco office or our midtown Sacramento office. Option to work remotely in the states in which MHT operates is possible for the right candidate. We are offering a great opportunity to make a difference in the health care space.
- Our corporate headquarters is in San Francisco. We have an office in Sacramento and teams on both the West and East Coasts.
- Everyone here believes in the company mission, and we are committed to serving people facing chronic conditions.
- A close-knit, hard-working company where everyone respects everyone else’s contribution to our success
- At MyHealthTeams, we believe in investing in people with diverse experiences and backgrounds to help improve the lives of people facing chronic health conditions. To do this, we seek to:
- Attract and hire a diverse workforce
- Cultivate an environment where colleagues feel welcomed and supported
- Nurture the professional growth of employees
MyHealthTeams is a 60+ person mission-driven company that creates social networks for people facing chronic health conditions. We believe that if you’re diagnosed with a disease such as MS, lupus, breast cancer, or diabetes (to name a few), it should be easy to find support, trusted information, and the best people around to help you. With social networks in 41 different chronic conditions and over 2.5 million members, MyHealthTeams is the fastest-growing social network in chronic health. Three years from now, if you’re diagnosed with a chronic condition, we believe your doctor will prescribe one of our social networks because being engaged in one of them will actually improve health outcomes. We develop partnerships that empower and are transparent to our members. We believe that a business can “do good” while “doing well.”
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “VP, Partnerships.”